Overdue Update #6: The Honeymoon Concludes

Monday, the 25th
Monday was our last full day in Orlando, and we decided to take it easy. We slept in, and used up the last of our groceries to eat a salad for lunch in one of the gazebos at the resort. For those of you now familiar with Florida: Geckos are about as common in Orlando as pigeons are in Toronto. This means the little jerks are everywhere. While we were eating, we saw this one gecko who started to just kind of bob up and down like crazy. I whipped out the camera, hoping for a video of his odd behaviour… and he stopped moving. After about five minutes, I was about to give up on him when a second gecko appeared and set gecko numero uno into territory protection mode all over again. Dude wasn’t going to take no lip from no one.

In the evening, we made our way to Downtown Disney. Unfortunately it’s not as cool as we had hoped. The clubs that were on Pleasure Island have closed, the Virgin Music store has closed, and you had to pay an exorbitant amount to get into the arcade. We settled for wandering and sight seeing. There’s not that many other places one can go to get infrackinsane candy apples, ore see Lego sea serpents. We also grabbed dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. We made it under the protection of their gigantic mushroom roof seconds before the day’s thunder storm began dumping down on the area. Happily enough, by the time our meal was done, the rain had stopped.

After dinner, we decided to walk around some of the shops a bit. I drooled over some more candy in Goofy’s Candy Company (I’m actually surprised at just how little junk I consumed on this trip in comparison to how much was flaunted before my eyes). After we left there we explored some of the other shops including the Disney store, Tren-D, the Lego Store, and Ghirardelli. I broke down at Ghirardelli and bought some drinking chocolate which, I must say, is damned good. It’s literally chocolate that is melted into your drink. By the time we got some last minute gifts, it was getting late, getting thundery, and it was time to go. We got in the rental *just* as the rain came back down. Two close calls for the newly weds.

Tuesday, the 26th
And so arrives the final day of the honeymoon. Really there wasn’t much to this day. We got up, and had our traditional free breakfast buffet from the resort, ensured that all of our stuff was packed, checked out, and got on the freeway back to the airport. In the top left image you see Andrea scoping out the monorail that takes passengers from the security area of the airport to where the planes are. The top right is a capture of the piña colada chocolate that I bought in the airport. The bottom left is our wedding/engagement rings, and the bottom right is, what appears to be, the sunny state of Florida. We got back into Toronto at a pretty reasonable time and were able to just sit and relax before getting back to the grind.

It was a good honeymoon.

1 thought on “Overdue Update #6: The Honeymoon Concludes”

  1. Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
    The words in your post seem to be running off the screen in
    Opera. I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I figured I’d
    post to let you know. The style and design look great
    though! Hope you get the problem fixed soon.

Comments are closed.